// Quetta - The Silicon Valley //
Welcome to Quetta - The Silicon Valley Forum

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions.

You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Don't be a Stranger here and help make the place a forum for all to enjoy.

Quetta - The Silicon Valley Forum Administration Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Quetta - The Silicon Valley Forum

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions.

You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Don't be a Stranger here and help make the place a forum for all to enjoy.

Quetta - The Silicon Valley Forum Administration Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Diamond Installer Quetta
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 10:40 am by ahadyousaf

» Vectors - Black Stylish Web Elements
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime19th February 2014, 3:23 am by yvanntar

» Woozworld VIP Hack Ver.3.1.1 B Download.rar
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime19th February 2014, 12:05 am by yvanntar

» Acpi_sny5001_windows_7_driver
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime16th February 2014, 2:55 am by yvanntar

» QUETTA INSTALLER 2ND EDITION
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime8th January 2014, 12:14 pm by Muhammadasad100

» Universal solution to register all versions of IDM
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime3rd January 2014, 1:22 am by saddam khan

» Platinum Universal Ghost XP Quetta - Beta 1 Released
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime4th July 2013, 4:47 pm by Sultani24

» Yahoo Messenger 11 (Silent Installer Version)
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime16th September 2012, 11:41 am by Jhanzeb Khan

» [MOVIE] Prophet Yousuf (A.S) - Episode 01 to 45 - Urdu
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_icon_minitime6th September 2012, 3:54 am by Black_Zero

Top posters
Black_Zero (593)
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_vote_lcapBeware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town 111Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_vote_rcap 
Jhanzeb Khan (318)
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_vote_lcapBeware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town 111Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town I_vote_rcap 
Wasim Baloch (162)
Black Hawk (75)
Access Denied (51)
Striker (48)
Fareed Shah (28)
Junaid123 (7)
Error Minded (4)
Imran Ali 123 (3)

Flag Counter
Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town Pageviews=1

Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town

Go down

Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town Empty Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town

Attention please! There is a new adware "Anti-Virus-1". Its a fake
anti-virus program which looks like Windows default "Security Center".

Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town Antivirus_1

Here is what the "Panda Labs" says:
It is designed to simulate a scan of the computer, supposedly detecting thousands of strains of (non-existent) malware. The end aim is to sell users a pay version of the fake antivirus in order to eliminate the threats.
When run, this adware warns the user that the computer is not protected. The main screen displayed is a spoof of the Window Security Center.
It then pretends to scan the system for malware. If users do not immediately take the bait and buy the pay version of the fake antivirus, the malicious code will sporadically display a message reminding the user that the computer is infected.
In warning messages, and after the fake scan, a link is provided from
which users can download the fake antivirus. Anyone clicking on the
link will be redirected to a page like this.
Additionally, when infected users visit certain Web pages
with comparative reviews of antivirus products, there will be redirected
to a spoof page showing a review of an 'antivirus', called
Antivirus2010, with functions and characteristics similar to
Anti-Virus-1
So make sure you don't install this or any other fake-antivirus
program. If your system is suffering with virus infection, then follow
instructions given in following topic:
Is Your System Infected with a Virus / Spyware / Adware / Trojan?
Also install a good and genuine anti-virus. You can use following
article to test the efficiency of your existing security programs:
Put Your Favorite Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Firewall Apps to the Test
Black_Zero
Black_Zero
Super Admin
Super Admin

https://myquetta.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″ – Another Fake Anti-virus in Town :: Comments

Striker